Monday, September 7, 2009

Everything

I want the breeze in my hair-

I want the smell of snowflakes

tickling my nose.

I want sunshine.

I want violent winds and grey skies.

I want it all at once.

I want to live in the city with its flashing lights.

I want to see the countryside,

Breathe in new life.

I want to be a lawyer, a writer, a musician,

a chef, an artist, anything and everything.

I want to be famous or obscure,

I’m not that picky.

I want beauty.

I want love.

I want attention.

But all I really ever wanted

was to be left alone.

I want to be powerful and independent-

I want someone- anyone,

to take care of me.

I want to care more about this-

I want to stop caring at all.

I want to live life the way I planned,

held back only by my own whims.

I want to know what I really want.

- well…

I know what I really want.

I want it all.

I want everything-

Dangerously close to wanting

Absolutely nothing at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment